The electronics market sector is increasingly driven by consumer spending, where electronic products require more than performance and speed. Product look and feel, functionality, time to market, and cost are becoming critical factors, and packaging plays major role in delivering solutions to meet these needs.
Consumer electronics are changing how semiconductor devices are thinned, die attached, bonding wire and encapsulated, with materials playing a major role enabling the development of newer packaging technologies.
Typical Semiconductor Packaging Materials
A key business issue with a consumer electronics driven market is that semiconductor manufacturers and packaging subcontractors are experiencing severe pricing pressure from their customers. Thus, manufacturers are pushing cost reduction at a faster pace to offset erosion in semiconductor average selling prices (ASP).
For the latest info, please view the info on this page as well as some of our products we have available for this market segment.
Feature Articles & Presentations
- Bonding Wire Transition Marches On (February 3, 2015)
- Semiconductor Plastic Packaging Materials Market to Approach $21B by 2017 (January 2014)
- Substrate and Interconnect Materials Trends in Packaging (January 2014)
- Semiiconductor Materials Market to Approach $50 Billion in 2014 (October 2013)
- Strategic Materials Conference presentations (.pdf) now available to SEMI Members (October 2013)
- A Glimpse into the Semiconductor Packaging Market in China (February 2013)
Global Semiconductor Packaging Materials Outlook, 2015 to 2019
3D Integration: A Progress Report