SEMI Special Interest Group: CAST
Collaborative Alliance for Semiconductor Test (CAST)
CAST is a SEMI Special Interest Group that develops, coordinates, and directs all SEMI services for the semiconductor test community. CAST members include a range of semiconductor industry leaders from automated test equipment (ATE) companies, integrated device manufacturers (IDMs), fabless manufacturers, and outsourced semiconductor assembly and test (OSAT) companies.
Current CAST participants include (alphabetically): Advantest, Cascade Microtech, Galaxy Semiconductor, IBM, LTX Credence/Xcerra, Maxim, Multitest/Xcerra, NVidia, Qualcomm, Roos Instruments, STMicroelectronics, Teradyne, Tesec.
- Event (October 8-9): 16th European Manufacturing Test Conference (EMTC), at SEMICON Europa 2014
- CAST Workshop 2014: Implementing Next Generation Data Logging (Nov 12-13, San Jose, CA)
Recent News and Events
- Event (July 9-10): Test Vision 2020 at SEMICON West 2014, Moscone North, Hall E
- Event (July 9): Design for Test at SEMICON West 2014, TechXPOT North
- Event (July 8): CAST will be hosting Testing into the Future, at SEMICON West 2014, TechXPOT North
- Critical Test Issues Up for Debate at SEMICON West 2014 (June 2014)
- Test Sector Changes with Maturing IC Industry (SemiEngineering, June 2014)
- CAST Workshop: Implementing Adaptive Test (Nov 2013)
CAST Background Information
CAST was formed in 2008 by semiconductor device makers and test industry suppliers to engage in and resolve common industry issues related to higher test equipment utilization, lower costs, and greater return on investment. In 2009, CAST became a SEMI Special Interest Group.
Charter CAST supporters include (alphabetically): Advantest, Amkor, Infineon, Intel, LTX-Credence, Qualcomm, Roos Instruments, Teradyne, and Verigy.
Read the Press Release about CAST joining SEMI.
CAST activities focus on four main areas.
- Foster pre-competitive collaboration
- Research, develop and promote standards that enable industry productivity improvement:
- Perform pre-competitive benchmarks
- Act as a representative and an advocate for the members
For a detailed description of each item in the charter, click here.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list, or send us questions or give feedback, please contact us at CAST@semi.org.
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows