SEMI Special Interest Group: CAST
Collaborative Alliance for Semiconductor Test (CAST)
CAST was formed in 2008 by semiconductor device makers and test industry suppliers to engage in and resolve common industry issues related to higher test equipment utilization, lower costs, and greater return on investment. CAST members include a range of semiconductor industry leaders from automated test equipment (ATE) companies, integrated device manufacturers (IDMs) and outsourced semiconductor assembly and test (OSAT) companies. In 2009, CAST became a SEMI Special Interest Group to develop, coordinate and direct all SEMI services for the semiconductor test community.
CAST membership provides the ability to shape the future of semiconductor test through industry-wide collaboration. CAST members work with their customers, suppliers and industry colleagues on industry standards that reduce costs and spurn innovation, engage in valuable pre-competitive activities, and serve as industry-wide advocates for the test industry and profession. Members of CAST are recognized as leaders in the industry and work to identify and leverage industry trends to benefit all industry stakeholders.
Parties interested in joining the SEMI Special Interest Group contact CAST@semi.org.
Docking and Mounting Generic Terminology Guide (Published July 2012) Click here for free access to the guide.
Published SEMI Standards
- SEMI G91-0513, Standard Test Data Format (STDF) Memory Fail Datalog
Current CAST Activities
- Standard Test Data Format (STDF) Working Group
- Test Cell Communication Standard (TCCS) Working Group
CAST News and Updates
- Event (October 8-9): 16th European Manufacturing Test Conference (EMTC), at SEMICON Europa 2014
- CAST Workshop 2014 (Nov 12-14) [Details to be posted soon]
Recently Completed Events
- Event (July 9-10): Test Vision 2020 at SEMICON West 2014, Moscone North, Hall E
- Event (July 9): Design for Test at SEMICON West 2014, TechXPOT North
- Event (July 8): CAST will be hosting Testing into the Future, at SEMICON West 2014, TechXPOT North
- CAST Workshop: Implementing Adaptive Test (Nov 2013)
CAST Events Archives
- CAST Elects New Leadership to Address Future of Semiconductor Test (Nov 2012)
- Presentation: CAST 2013 Strategic Direction: Greater Alignment with ITRS (Nov 2012)
- STDF New Frontiers and PCM Datalogging Work Groups (Nov 2012)
- Docking and Handling Work Group releases Standard Terminology Guide (Jul 2012)
- CAST Workshop Explores Barriers to Expanding Adaptive Test (Apr 2012)
- SEMI-CAST STIL Working Group (Dec 2010)
- SEMICON Japan, CAST WG Update (Dec 2010)
- Test Cell Communications WG Meeting (Mar 2010)
- Test Cell Communications Work Group Conference Call (Feb 2010)
- CAST Test Cell Communication/Yield Enhancement Work Group (Dec 2009)
- CAST Test Cell Software Integration Workshop (Oct 2009)
- Meetings held at SEMICON West (July 2009)
- Kick-off Meeting (Apr 2009)
- Collaborative Alliance for Semiconductor Test (CAST) Joins SEMI as Special Interest Group (Feb 2009)
CAST Background Information
Charter CAST supporters include (alphabetically): Advantest, Amkor, Infineon, Intel, LTX-Credence, Qualcomm, Roos Instruments, Teradyne, and Verigy.
Read the Press Release about CAST joining SEMI.
CAST activities focus on four main areas.
- Foster pre-competitive collaboration
- Research, develop and promote standards that enable industry productivity improvement:
- Perform pre-competitive benchmarks
- Act as a representative and an advocate for the members
For a detailed description of each item in the charter, click here.
Current CAST participants include (alphabetically): Advantest, Cascade Microtech, Galaxy Semiconductor, IBM, LTX Credence/Xcerra, Maxim, Multitest/Xcerra, NVidia, Qualcomm, Roos Instruments, STMicroelectronics, Teradyne, Tesec.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list, or send us questions or give feedback, please contact us at CAST@semi.org.
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows