Test Cell Communications Workgroup Outcome
Test Cell Communications Workgroup
The discussion/brain storming centered on two main topics - Architecture and Approach
- the most part, the different architectures are contained in the attached slide set.
- Wafer sort, the main approach involved a test cell controller where the communication to that controller was less important - it was recognized that the latency introduced by a central controller did not affect wafer probe as much as handle-based operation in final test).
- final test, the architecture involved two variations
- test cell controller augmented by direct communications between the tester and the handler
- point-to-point scheme where data paths exist between all (or most) entities in the cell.
parts of the architecture that would benefit from standardization include:
- to the outside world - SECS/GEM was recognized as having speed issues internal to the cell but has advantages as the point of communication to the outside world.
- for the individual pieces of equipment need to be extensible (XML type application?) - this will allow for differentiation in a standardized world and prevent a situation where communication in constrained to the "lowest common denominator".
- interfaces - this may be best served as a web application - offers simplicity in development coupled with extensibility.
- for OEE data collection, jam information, index time etc would also be good targets for the architecture
- into configuration management of the equipment and Adaptive test management.
This part of the discussion centered what would be the best approach to providing the fasted results from the group:
- of messages and message sequences - generation of a high level specification. From that generate sub-specification for related conditions (like the physical interface).
representatives from IDM's and Test Houses
- - gain insight into in-houce test cell development and issues
- Houses - gain insight in to any issues related to rapid change overs
- of wafer prober and handler companies is a must for the success of this workgroup.
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows
- SEMI Members