Taiwan Remains the Largest Semiconductor Equipment Market — Fueling Interest in SEMICON Taiwan 2010
According to the mid-year edition of the SEMI Capital Equipment Forecast, sales of global semiconductor equipment are growing in all regions in 2010, with Taiwan, again, projected to be the largest market with US$ 9.18 billion*, while total semiconductor equipment sales worldwide will reach $32.5 billion*. Analysts indicate that Taiwan is expected to continue its investment momentum in capital equipment into 2011 with $9.3 billion* market size which again puts Taiwan as the single largest semiconductor equipment market in the world.
“We see particularly strong investment from foundry players and DRAM makers as they are either building new capacities or aggressively migrating to more advanced nodes. We also see similar trend from outsourced semiconductor assembly and test (OSAT) and LED sectors where equipment investments are heading to all-time highs this year,” said Clark Tseng, senior manager of SEMI Industry Research. For the materials market, driven by continuous capacity buildup, Taiwan is expected to show healthy growth to reach $8.8 billion** in 2011 as the second largest market in the world
With the strong market expansion, SEMICON Taiwan 2010 returns to Taipei World Trade Center on September 8-10 with eight technology theme pavilions of LED, MEMS, 3D IC & Advanced Packaging/Testing, Green Management, Compound Semiconductor, CMP AOI and Secondary Market. Free visitor registration is now available at www.semicontaiwan.org
Last year, SEMICON Taiwan had over 18,000 attendees – including buyers and engineers from major foundries and packaging houses in Taiwan, such as TSMC, UMC, MXIC, ASE and SPIL. Highlights of this year’s SEMICON Taiwan include:
- Theme Pavilions: The theme pavilions feature product display and programs on the latest developments in emerging market such as MEMS and LED, the advanced semiconductor manufacturing and packaging & testing technologies such as 3D IC, green manufacturing and secondary market.
- Executive Forum: Speakers from TSMC, MXIC, TEL, IMEC, Ebara and Dow Electronics Materials will address topics focusing on technology advancement through innovative collaboration.
- Market Trend and Technology Forum: Presentations from Applied Materials, ASE, Gartner, IMEC, STMicroelectronics, Morgan Stanley, Nokia, Qualcomm, SPIL, UBS, UMC, SEMATECH, Verigy and Yole Développement will focus on semiconductor market outlook, development of 3D packaging and testing technology, MEMS technology and design for green manufacturing.
- Awards and Leadership Gala Dinner: The “Innovative Technology Award” and “Best Contribution Award” will be given to important key business leaders for their valuable contribution to the industry. The dinner is exclusively for invited industry leaders.
So far, there are 510 exhibiting companies using more than 1,100 booths at SEMICON Taiwan 2010. To register for SEMICON Taiwan 2010, please visit: www.semicontaiwan.org.
* Equipment Market Data Subscription - Equipment (Consensus) Forecast, SEMI, July 2010
** Materials Market Data Subscription (MMDS) , SEMI, Q1 2010
August 3, 2010
SEMI Global Update