Silicon Manufacturers Group
The Silicon Manufacturer's Group acts as an independent special interest group of SEMI® members who produce polycrystalline silicon, monocrystalline silicon or silicon wafers (e.g., as cut, polished, epi, etc.) including both reclaimed or reworked wafers as well as silicon-on-insulator (SOI) wafers. The purpose of the group is to facilitate collective efforts on issues related to the silicon industry including the development of market information and statistics about the silicon industry and the semiconductor market.
Recent Press Releases:
- Wafer Shipments Forecast to Increase in 2016, 2017 and 2018 (Oct 2016)
- Second Quarter 2016 Silicon Wafer Shipments Increase Quarter-Over-Quarter; Set a New Record (July 2016)
- First Quarter 2016 Silicon Wafer Shipments Increase Quarter-Over-Quarter (May 2016)
- Another Record Year for Silicon Wafer Shipment Volumes in 2015 (Feb 2016)
- Silicon Shipment Levels Decline in Third Quarter 2015 (Nov 2015)
The Executive Committee consists of members from the following companies:
- LG Siltron, Inc.
- Okmetic OYJ
- Shin Etsu Handotai, Co., Ltd.
- Siltronic AG
- GlobalWafers Co., Ltd.
- SUMCO Corp.
- SunEdison Semiconductor
For more information, please contact:
Edward D. Graham, Jr., senior director for Consortia Interfaces, SEMI
14336 Soula Drive NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87123-1929